Rotating cage setup
The rotating cage setup is one of the leading laboratory test methods for determining corrosion inhibitors behavior. Several coupons are placed on a stirring rod on this device between two fixed-distance PTFE holders. In other Words, this system is used to test the behavior of corrosion inhibitors in high-speed fluid and oil-containing pipes.The device is designed with respect to the ASTM G184 standard.
This method is an inexpensive way to assess the corrosion rate and corrosion behavior of inhibitors with the least need for continuous monitoring of the operator. Corrosion Probe Company designs and produces this device based on the ASTM G184 standard. The rotating cage setup is capable of testing 8 samples simultaneously with dimensions of 19×75 mm and with a thickness of 3 mm.
- 7 liter container made of transparent plexiglass or borosilicate glass for atmospheric type or stainless steel AISI316 for high pressure type.
- Ability to control and raise temperature up to 80 °C with acid-resistant thermal element.
- Acid-esistant emperature controller.
- Pressure gage for precise pressure control with 0.2 bar accuracy.
- Using magnetic drive systemto rotate the shaft in the chamber which proved a completly sealed chamber.
- Ability to control rotational speeds from 300 to 1000 rpm
- Equipped with inlet and outlet gas valves and the possibility of injecting H2S gas with complete sealing
- Completely sealed against air and water.
- Has a pressure safety valve to release interior gas in high pressure situtaions.
- Possibility of simultaneous testing of 8 samples according to ASTM G184-16.