Proof ring system
To evaluate the resistance of metallic parts during the Stress Cracking Corrosion (SCC) test in the H2S environment, Corrosion Probe Inc. manufactures and supplies proof ring system. Proof ring system and related accessories are manufactured to meet the requirements of NACE TM0177 and the specifications of the material standard as per NACE MR 0175.
This accurate and cost-effective equipment is used in H2S -containing environments to evaluate sulfide stress corrosion resistance of materials. This device applies a uniaxial tensile force to the sample in a corrosive environment. Specific stress is applied to the test sample and then the effect of the corrosive environment on the behavior of the material is evaluated. The device’s body is made of transparent acrylic plexy-glass, with gas inlet and outlet on the top of the test vessel. A heating system can be used if necessary to incrase the test medium up to 60 °C.
- Transparent body made of the acrylic- Plexiglas.
Possibility of applying stresses up to 100,000 psi.
Fully H2S gas sealed.
- Has H2S inlet and outlet valve.
- The heating system is designed to increase the temperature up to 60 °C .
- precisely designed ring to obey the standard criteria regarding the stress Level.
- The deflection of the ring is detected via an accurate micrometer with an accuracy of 0.001 mm.
- The test timer would be stopped when the failure takes place during he test.