The H2S laboratory has been designed and constructed to perform H2S related test including HIC and SCC tests in a safe environment. Therefore, this lab design to provide operators and test equipment with a safe environment. For this purpose, the lab is equipped with sensors and a jet fan to evacuate the air of the laboratory in 30 seconds, in the situation that the H2S gas ppm increases in the laboratory due to leakage. Beyond this, the lab is designed in the way that during the leakage the electric valve (solenoid valve) cut off the gas flow to prohibit H2S gas damages.
Therefore, the laboratory has features such as: equipped with a cooling and heating system, a double-layer door to reduce the risk of H2S gas leakage, a place to mount gas capsules, fume hoods, remote monitoring system, H2S gas neutralizer tanks, a high precision gas detector with the possibility of disconnecting gas flow and turn on the emergency exhaust system, appropriate masks to protect the operator in H2S gas leakage conditions.
The specification of the H2S lab is as follows:
- A labratory with a dimension of 600x 1200x 300 cm ceramic floor and sandwich panel frame.
- Equipped with cooling and heating system for laboratory temperature control.
- Convenient place to mount H2S gas capsules with the exhasut fan and stainless steel piping system.
- Double layer door to reduce the risk of operating with H2S gas.
- Emergency exhaust system with discharge capacity.
- Emergency exhaust fan with the ability to discharge whole laboratory air in less than 10 seconds
- Maximum sealing necessary to avoid the H2S gas leakage
- Gas detector with emergency air discharge system activator
- Electric solenoid valve to cut off gas flow in the event of leakage
- H2S gas neutralizing bath with NaOH
- Three network cameras to monitor hood and lab simultaneously
- Emergency safety system with manual and remote activation capability
- A labratory with half-face mask and full-face mask for H2S gas environment
- Equipped with carbon dioxide fire extinguisher
- Equipped with table and sink for sample preparation.