Corrosion Rack test
Corrosion Rack Test
In this method, known as the Rack Test, with the help of a simulated track, corrosion rates are determined at a wide range of temperatures and pressures with the help of coupon installation. This method is a very quick and economical way to determine the corrosion rate of the system having inhibitors, water and chiller lines which provides an opportunity to check the performance of the passing fluid. This machine is designed and manufactured in accordance with ASTM D 2688 standard.
The technical specifications of the Rack Testing Machine are as follows:
- Material of UPVC pipes and fittings with 1 inch diameter for testing of four corrosion coupons simontanouly
- It has a 10 GPM rotameter
- Has a Y-streamer to remove solid particles
- has Check valve to turn fluid on or off.
- Ability to operate up to 60 ° C and pressure of 8 bar
- With a frames panel (Teflon with dimensions of 60× 60 cm).
In the corrosion Fouling test (ASTM D4778-15), the tendency of a material to fouling at higher temperature is determined. For this purpose an electrical element is used to increase the passing fluid temperature to evaluate the high temperature corrosion and fouling rate.
- PVC pipes and fittings comply with ASTM D 4778 standard
- Rotameter with the capacity of 0 GPM
- It has three places for digital temperature monitor
- The device has a frames panel (Teflon with dimensions of 60× 60 cm)
- It has a replaceable test specimen in order to investigate the fouling behavior of the material of the C1018 steel and has a heater-cooled installation site.